Springheel.is.dead
Starling
average posts: 1.6 per day
Re: Re: Ordering a vegetarian meal? There's more animal blood on your
February 15, 2012, 9:34PM

On February 15, 2012, 12:16PM, eon said:

Maybe on an old hard drive somewhere?

I guess I'm a poor curator too. 2.gif

We trusted you with this valuable cultural media artifact.

-----

On December 22, 2008, 9:26AM, i_dont_die said: u just hate to much

twisted_illusions
Starling
average posts: 5.2 per day
Re: Ordering a vegetarian meal? There's more animal blood on your hand
February 15, 2012, 10:26PM

I used to have Jenny's youtube channel saved.
Hours of amusement it was.

-----

Andromeda, it's like getting a back rub from an orgasm!

ILLmortal
Starling
average posts: 4.6 per day
February 16, 2012, 4:28PM

I remember watching a couple of minutes of one /her/ rants. I'm not really amused by that kind of stuff, rather watch people hurt themselves.

-----

The capacity to hate is a frightening human reality; we are always ready to blame another if our circumstances can free us from our own self guilt.

ILLmortal
Starling
February 22, 2012, 6:56PM

The thing that annoys me about vegans, or the ones that don't eat anything from an animal because it's an animal -rolls eyes- because when you think about it, the breed of cow that supplies milk, supplies milk. Cows don't breed every season, the same cow that is, so once its calf has outgrown suckling, what's the milk used for? Why shouldn't we use it? What's a cow gonna do, spend a long period of time in the wild producing milk for no reason, doesn't make sense unless you take a serious approach to domesticated animals given to us by gods. Animals created exclusively for our consumption.
Same with the chicken. If we were to stop farming them to eat and supply eggs and lets say we were "good humans" and never farmed them, do you know how many fuckin chickens there'd be? Destroying the land, you couldn't walk you'd step on a chicken. For what purpose? They over produce eggs so why's it bad use them? Once again, a domesticated animal thrown into society as an animal used to consume.
Same as lamb, can't really prove to me god had a purpose for sheep. Eats the environment, ruins the environment, we'd be fucked if we had to stop eating them.

-----

The capacity to hate is a frightening human reality; we are always ready to blame another if our circumstances can free us from our own self guilt.

1 members enjoyed this post.

verlaine
Starling
average posts: 0.6 per day
February 23, 2012, 12:17AM

Because a.) meat and dairy are incredibly inefficient sources of food, the amount of land needed to raise livestock is totally disproportianate to how much food actually is produced, when contrasted with grain, vegetables, fruit, nuts, et al, and b.) Our bodies are not made to ingest another animal's breastmilk, or any breastmilk after infancy, for that matter. It depletes calcium deposits in the bones, contributes to cancer, poor digestion, autism, diabetes, and a whole hell of other awful shit. No good reason to eat dairy when you consider the alternatives available.

-----

and the beer I had for breakfast was a pint of Jim Beam/and a fifth of peach schnapps and some warm Sunny D/you said "bottoms up!" just as I bottomed out/I tried to scream "fuck you!" but blood was pouring out my mouth

twisted_illusions
Starling
February 23, 2012, 12:27AM

I agree.

-----

â?¢(A)bort, (R)etry, (P)anic?

ILLmortal
Starling
February 23, 2012, 5:03PM

I'm sure if anything you said was true we'd have stopped consuming milk a very long time ago.

Milk contains many different nutrients
Milk and milk products contain a good balance of protein, fat and carbohydrate and are a very important source of essential nutrients including:
Calcium
Riboflavin
Phosphorous
Vitamins A, D and B12
Pantothenic acid.
Milk products also contain â??high quality proteinsâ?? that are well suited to human needs. Milk proteins increase the value of poorer quality cereal and vegetable proteins in the diet by providing the amino acids these proteins lack.

Milk and health conditions
Australians tend to restrict dairy foods when they try to lose weight, believing them to be fattening. Dairy foods contain saturated fats, which have been associated with increased blood cholesterol levels. However, dairy foods (particularly low-fat products) are not a threat to good health if consumed in moderation as part of a well-balanced nutritious diet.

Some research findings include:
Osteoporosis â?? if milk and milk products are removed from the diet, it can lead to an inadequate intake of calcium. This is of particular concern for women and the elderly, who have high calcium needs. Calcium deficiency may lead to disorders like osteoporosis (a disease characterised by bone loss).
Colon cancer â?? some studies have found that people who regularly eat dairy products have a reduced risk of developing colon cancer.
Blood pressure â?? research in the US found that a high intake of fruits and vegetables, combined with low-fat dairy foods, will lower blood pressure more than fruits and vegetables alone.
Type 2 diabetes â?? a 10-year study of 3,000 overweight adults found that consuming milk and other milk products instead of refined sugars and carbohydrates may protect overweight young adults from developing type 2 diabetes.

-----

twisted_illusions
Starling
February 23, 2012, 8:19PM

We are not meant to have milk. Only reason you do is because you're fed it a lot as a child and gain a tolerance. But it is in no way natural.

-----

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway.

verlaine
Starling
average posts: 0.6 per day
February 24, 2012, 3:42AM

http://www.4.waisays.com/ExcessiveCalcium.htm
http://children.webmd.com/news/20080501/new-clue-to-milk-and-diabetes-link

A map showing the rates of lactose intolerance throughout the world-
800px-Laktoseintoleranz-1.svg.png

Tell me it's natural now. Interesting to note that Asian societies are generally renowned for their good health and almost all people of Asiatic lineage are lactose intolerant. Probably because they weren't stupid enough to start sucking breastmilk out of cows and goats?

-----

and the beer I had for breakfast was a pint of Jim Beam/and a fifth of peach schnapps and some warm Sunny D/you said "bottoms up!" just as I bottomed out/I tried to scream "fuck you!" but blood was pouring out my mouth

ILLmortal
Starling
February 24, 2012, 10:46PM

Milk doesn't kill people. What a stupid fuckin post. What a stupid fuckin map. The only good thing about your stupid fuckin map is the colors, darker shades of blue could sell anything, but not "milk kills people". Africa is darker because those cunts got no milk. If those cunts had milk that fuckin map'd be white, motherfucker.
Actually that map is whack, where'd you pull it from? Fuckin, where white people live? Cause that's about the only thing correct.

-----

rumbleroar
Starling
average posts: 0.4 per day
February 27, 2012, 4:27PM

All that maps shows, to me, is that our bodies change and evolve to digest different things.
I mean, most people in developed countries aren't lactose intolerant. Just because our bodies may not have initially been made to digest milk, we can now.

Pinelli
Starling
average posts: 3.5 per day
February 27, 2012, 10:15PM

Depends on your terminal velocity, Chris.
Prepare to have your mind blown:
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/09/jumping-off-a-building-with-bubble-wrap/

-----

On January 28, 2011, 10:35AM, seppo said: okay but if he's stupid enough to think of it.. do you think he's smart enough to let him talk you out of it?

eon
Site Founder
March 1, 2012, 10:21AM

On February 27, 2012, 5:10PM, Topher said:
Hell, the reason why the US is so unhealthy isn't because we eat meat, it's because we eat so damn much of it, and a lot more compared to other things that need to be in our diet.

Depends on who you ask, but I suspect our poor health has a lot more to do with the massive amounts of processed garbage that most people eat. Most of our bread is garbage that is actually harmful to your health. So many people nurse sugary drinks all day long that are extraordinarily bad for you. People who live out of vending machines or fast-food windows probably have it the worst.

The Inuits of Alaska and Northern Canada have a diet that almost completely consists of meat and seafood.

You can't quite compare the Inuit diet of things like freshly killed walrus guts and seal blood to, say, a big mac. Processed meat is very bad for you. Things like pepperoni, sausage and various lunch meats in particular should be avoided. Also, to be more like the Inuit, you want minimal cooking. They eat a lot of their meat raw, which preserves many nutrients lost in cooking. It's a completely different culture...

-----

DS Bureaucracyâ?¢: Now expanding to meet the expanding needs of the DS Bureaucracyâ?¢.

Sgath
Forums Moderator
average posts: 1.5 per day
March 1, 2012, 3:53PM

I think the point is that meat isn't bad for you, it's a natural part of our evolution and can be properly added to a healthy diet. In fact in a perfectly balanced way it's probably better to eat some meat than to try and balance the complicated dietary requirements of avoiding it for most people. The problem then becomes how we eat meat.

twisted_illusions
Starling
March 1, 2012, 5:40PM

Tomato,tomato.

-----

â?¢File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)

ILLmortal
Starling
March 1, 2012, 5:53PM

Don't have a tomato, man

-----

eon
Site Founder
March 1, 2012, 9:52PM

On March 1, 2012, 2:53PM, Sgath said:

The problem then becomes how we eat meat.

This is precisely the problem.

-----

DS Bureaucracyâ?¢: Now expanding to meet the expanding needs of the DS Bureaucracyâ?¢.

eon
Site Founder
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ordering a vegetarian meal? There's more animal blood
March 1, 2012, 9:57PM

On March 1, 2012, 8:45PM, Topher said:

I think you missed my point. I was talking about the adaptability of humans, not trying to make an argument that meat can be healthy by using Inuits as an example.

I'm not quite sure that's a very good example then. No one's to say for sure, but I suspect that the Inuit are closer to a primitive diet than any of us.

That is, they were closer. In the past hundred years or so, they've begun to incorporate Western influences into their diet and predictably, now suffer from many of our maladies.

-----

DS Bureaucracyâ?¢: Our research has shown *conclusively that modfaggotry is a myth.

ILLmortal
Starling
March 2, 2012, 6:01PM

Inuits have shopping malls. Saw it on tv.

-----

Code
Forums Moderator
average posts: 1.3 per day
March 2, 2012, 9:51PM

Apart from, you know, plants lacking brains and a central nervous system.
And fighting cancer is self defence, more than anything else.
Apart from that, your logic is flawless.

-----

SG.png

1 members enjoyed this post.

Go to page: < 1 2 [3] 4 >
Subject:
Reply:

Add Signature?

Last 10 Members to View This Thread
NameTime
PUSSYxHATEROct 24, 2012, 1:15PM
vitalSep 20, 2012, 4:02AM
IntoDarkEBMJul 3, 2012, 1:43AM