Hate speech on DS.
September 28, 2010, 2:40PM
I couldn't find the manifest of laws for DS, so I wanted to ask about just how free the speech is on here. I've read so many obvious displays of sexism, racism and anti-homo/bisexuality on some of the profiles that it's just repulsive. Everyone has a right to their opinion, that much is true, but isn't this taking it too far? I also know that if a person fits in one of those categories, he/she doesn't need to read it, but that doesn't alter the fact that it's there, and kind of ruins the multi-coloring of the society that has been created here.
Besides, aren't the sites being checked on?
average posts: 1.3 per day
Re: Hate speech on DS.
September 28, 2010, 5:54PM
Hate speech isn't allowed here, no. I'll post the rules for you, check 3.
If anyone is making remarks of that nature toward you or a profile is
offensive to you then you can report it to a site operator.
By accessing DarkStarlings.com, you agree to the following terms of service:
1. You will not post any pornographic or obscene photography.
2. You will not post any copyrighted material without permission.
3. You will not post any hate speech or encourage prejudice of any kind. Racial slurs, racist remarks and bashing based on sexual orientation are expressly forbidden.
4. You will not create a false identity or post pictures of people other than yourself without their permission.
5. You understand that arguments may arise while you are here and that the owners and operators of this web site cannot be expected to take sides in personal conflicts. You understand that you will be expected to resolve most disputes on your own using the tools given to you.
6. You will only create one (1) profile on this site for your personal use. Multiple profiles are not allowed.
7. You must be at least 13 years of age to be a member of this community.
8. You understand that records of your access to the site will be kept. Such records will include time stamps, browser information and IP addresses. This information will be kept secure and private and will only be used in cases of abuse.
9. You understand that the nature of this web site is real time. This means that it is impossible for the owners and operators of this web site to review all of the material that is posted here. No warranties of any kind are made regarding the content of this website; your continued access to this web site is at your own risk.
10. You understand that if the administration deems it necessary to the betterment of the community, your profile may be suspended at any time without prior notice.
[This post was last updated on September 28, 2010, 3:55PM by AnwnnRabbit.]
|rationale||Jun 21, 2012, 12:51AM|
|Static||May 14, 2011, 8:14PM|
|Coznic102589||Feb 4, 2011, 2:02AM|
|Jynx||Jan 2, 2011, 10:20PM|
|Youngster_Joey||Dec 9, 2010, 6:19AM|
|xellence||Nov 25, 2010, 8:48AM|
DarkStarling Forums, v.0.9 (Star) © 2013